By now, you’re probably aware of how important it is to change your WiFi password regularly. You know that your bandwidth could be impacted if your network is breached. You know that if outsiders log on to your network, they’re going to eat up a portion of your bandwidth. And you know that someone could gain access to your private information and leak it. It’s best to update your password every 90 days, but do you know how to get started? In this article, we’ll go over how to change your WiFi password in the Quantum Fiber 360 WiFi app.
Quantum Fiber 360 WiFi app
The Quantum Fiber 360 WiFi app, powered by Plume, makes staying connected to your digital life even simpler. Set up and manage your 360 WiFi Pods using your smart phone and enjoy seamless connectivity in every room, on any device. With just a few taps, you call the shots.
With the Quantum Fiber 360 WiFi app, you can:
- Set up and customize your home network with a few taps on your device.
- See who’s connected and how much bandwidth they’re using.
- Give guests WiFi access with a dedicated password.
- Control, filter content, and pause the internet on kids’ devices.
- Protect your home network from cybercriminals.
- Easily add 360 WiFi Pods as your household grows to expand your in-home coverage.
- Install updates and new features on your schedule.
How to change your 360 WiFi network name and password
If you need to update your network name (SSID) and/or WiFi password, it’s easy through the Quantum Fiber 360 WiFi app. First, sign into the app and open the main menu by tapping the three bars in the upper left corner. Then select Access.
Changing the network name (SSID)
From the Access screen, find your network name near the top. Tap the pencil icon to the right to edit the name.
On the edit screen, type in the name you want for your WiFi network. Remember, this is public, so don’t include any clues to your password or private information. Once you’ve entered the new name, select ‘Done’ in the bottom corner.
Changing the network password
From the main Access screen, find your current password in the middle. Tap the three dots to the right to view options, then select ‘Edit.’ Follow the prompts on the next screen to enter and save a new password.
A few key things to keep in mind:
- You can edit your network name and password at the same time or separately.
- When you change your password and/or network name, you need to reconnect all devices (computers, tablets, phones, printers, gaming systems, etc.) to the network.
- You should create a strong password for all of your networks and devices.
Create a strong WiFi password
It’s important to learn how to make a strong password for WiFi. Your internet connection is your gateway to the web. The inverse is also true—your WiFi is what connects the web to your home. Since connecting to WiFi is easy, your home network can also be a major target for hackers. Many people don’t even change their default login information for their WiFi network, while others use simple or easy to guess passwords. Even fewer change the default login information for their modem and router leaving them even more at risk for potential attacks.
- Do make your password long, with a mixture of characters, numbers, and symbols.
- Do use a unique password for each account.
- Do update your password on a regular basis, about every 90 days.
- Don’t use the same password for more than one account.
- Don’t use a password that includes anything easily identifiable about yourself, like your name.
- Don’t use any password on the list of the most common passwords.
Keep your WiFi network secure
While creating a strong password and updating it regularly is always a great idea, there’s more you can do to keep your network safe and secure. Learn how to secure your WiFi (and why you should). You should also back up your data to protect your files from a technical error. Help guard your business from cybersecurity threats with 360 WiFi.
What are you doing to keep your networks and devices safe? Let us know in the comments below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?