It’s no secret that broadband internet can be expensive. According to a survey by Pew Research in 2021, only 57% of those who had an annual household income below $30,000 said they had broadband internet at home. Not everyone can afford home internet, which can severely affect your home, work, and social life. Quantum Fiber is proud to participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program, an FCC benefit program that helps ensure that households can afford the broadband they need for work, school, healthcare and more.
What is the Affordable Connectivity Program?
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a program created by Congress and managed by the FCC. It is designed to make the internet more affordable. The ACP provides up to $30 per month toward a household’s internet bill, though households on qualifying Tribal land will be eligible for up to $75 per month.
Who’s eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
Your household is eligible if you have an income at or below 200% of federal poverty guidelines OR if any member of your household:
- Qualifies for certain assistance programs, such as Medicaid, SNAP, federal public housing assistance, WIC, or Lifeline. If you are already enrolled in Lifeline, you automatically qualify for ACP.
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR).
Households that qualified for the Emergency Broadband Benefit due to a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020 due to COVID-19 will need to re-qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
How can new customers apply for the ACP?
If you’re a new Quantum Fiber customer, you can also get new Quantum Fiber service with ACP discounts. We have a dedicated team that can help you with applying for ACP and getting the discounts on your new Quantum Fiber account. Call (800) 213-2774 Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PT, or Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to see about this great offer!
If you are enrolled in the ACP with another provider, you can transfer your ACP enrollment from that provider to Quantum Fiber.
How can current customers sign up for the ACP?
Current Quantum Fiber customers can apply Affordable Connectivity Program discounts to an existing account in just two steps:
- Complete the eligibility application on the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) website.
- After you receive your qualification confirmation from the USAC, complete our enrollment form.
More ways you can save money on your internet
If you’re looking for more ways to save on your internet bill, check out our blog about how you can be tech savvy on a budget. There, you’ll find tips and tricks on how to find tech at a lower price. You should also learn about why you need a budget app and what they can do for your finances. Need to make some extra crash? Try trading in video games or purchasing refurbished technology for a lower price than new. For more, check out the Quantum Fiber blog.